Barbara Hawthorn Interiors Website
Create a new Website for a McLean Interior Design Firm, including:
- Design, Program and Host the website and implement responsive functionality using the WordPress Content Management System
- WordPress Maintenance: Update WordPress, WordPress plugins and the WordPress theme, managed SEO, scheduled website backups, content updates and webmaster services
Barbara Hawthorn Interiors website was created with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
About Barbara Hawthorn Interiors
About Barbara Hawthorn Interiors
Barbara Hawthorn Interiors, Ltd. has created and directed award winning residential and commercial projects throughout the United States for over 25 years. The firm has been named one of the DC area’s best in numerous publications. Many of the firm’s innovative designs have been featured on Home & Garden Television (HGTV) and in national and regional newspapers, magazines, and designer show houses.
The firm’s philosophy is: “Good design is timeless and trend-resistant, and creates ‘functional opulence’ that meets both aesthetic and practical objectives.” The firm encourages “design with a conscience,” incorporating environmental “green” features that promote good health and cost-savings over the years.
Barbara Hawthorn, President and CEO of Barbara Hawthorn Interiors, Ltd., has an exceptional combination of expertise in both aesthetic and technical disciplines. While growing up in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Paris, Barbara traveled to major European and Far Eastern cities, developing her appreciation for architecture and the decorative arts. During her summers in high school, she worked for her father’s engineering firm, which pioneered the energy-savings application of cogeneration to commercial facilities. Also, she was involved in the development of New York’s Roosevelt Island, an urban center on the East River that included car-free zones and easy access to mass transit.
Barbara graduated from the Fieldston School and Vassar College with Phi Beta Kappa honors. She went on to receive a prestigious Ford Foundation Fellowship and earn a Masters of Public Policy degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dedicated to advancing educational opportunities for children, Barbara serves on the Executive Committee of the Women’s Leadership Group for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, where she chaired both 2010 and 2011 galas. She was the 2010 and 2011 Chair of the Host Committee for the Heart of America Foundation’s gala, which focuses on children’s literacy and community service. She serves on the board of Good Weave International, dedicated to eliminating international child labor and providing educational opportunities. The Phillips Collection Museum has designated Barbara one of their “Ambassadors,” and she serves on the Board of the McLean Project for the Arts.
Barbara Hawthorn Interiors, Ltd.’s design philosophy is:
- Good design is timeless and trend-resistant.
- Going “green” can be glamorous while promoting good health, energy- and cost-savings, and a better future for our children.
- Comfort and durability are key components of “functional opulence.”
- Effective lighting has transformative powers on a space.
- Excellence in design is achieved by creating continuity, balance, and the integration of color, texture, light, and structure.